Yes, have fallen behind again. Must say, it feels a little odd writing a gratitude post for such a difficult day. The 22nd May was the first anniversary of my Mom’s death. To say I was dreading it was an understatement, but I survived and certainly found things to be grateful for:
- Enjoying a fabulous meal at one of the pubs that Mom had enjoyed eating at…was so nice to be able to spend time with my Dad, Aunt, brother and sister and actually enjoy ourselves, laugh about good times and talk about family. There were no tears and Mom would have loved it.
- Strange one this…but finally getting an explanation for the excessive tiredness that I’ve battled with for months and which has been so debilitating. After I pushed for blood tests, it would appear that I am both Iron deficient and Vitamin B12 deficient. Both can cause tiredness, lack of energy and depression!
- My lovely friend gave me flowers picked from her garden.
23rd May 2019 Things that I was grateful for were:
- Finally managing to go to the Introduction to Buddhism and Meditation course run at the local Buddhist Centre. It was really interesting and I certainly think I’ll get a lot out of it over the next 6 weeks.
- Having a real laugh with my sister….one of those things that would not be funny to anyone else, but we just couldn’t stop once we started.
- That my sister is finally accepting she needs help and beginning to focus on herself.
24th May 2019 Today I am grateful for:
- A 15 minute meditation session this morning…so nice to feel so calm and relaxed.
- The Do Not Disturb option on my phone….have been using this more and more and it helps me to get more done.
- Friday evenings….the one night that we all chill out and do what we want, as a way of unwinding. It’s my favourite night of the week.